Where’s my money?
Have you recently added Frog Bucks or Campus cash to your account, but they seem to be missing when you make purchases at cash registers? This is because student accounts are made up of a number of sub-accounts, and the cash registers only show one account at a time.
When you use your ID card to make a food purchase, the registers will check for funds in the order in which they appear below. Notice that all of the non-refundable funds are used first, and then the refundable accounts are accessed. Unfortunately the registers can only read one account at a time.
- Meal Plan Campus Cash (SVC 18)
- These funds are “attached” to a Meal Plan meal plan.
- Bonus Campus Cash (SVC 19)
- Sometimes Campus Cash is given as prizes or rewards from departments to students.
- Meal Plan Frog Bucks (SVC 25)
- These funds are “attached” to a Meal Plan meal plan
- Frog Bucks (SVC 20)
- These are added using a credit card-outside of a meal plan.
Jane Doe has a Meal Plan that comes with the following
- An unlimited amount of swipes to eat in Market Square
- $200 Frog Pass Campus Cash
- $100 Frog Pass Frog Bucks
By midterm week, Jane has used all but $2 of the Meal Plan Campus Cash that came with her dining plan, and all but $1 of the Meal Plan Frog Bucks that came with her dining plan. So, she emails the Frog Bucks link to her Dad, who uses his credit card to add $50 of Frog Bucks.
This is how her sub-accounts would look:
|1. Swipes (non-refundable)||~999|
|2. Frog Pass Campus Cash (non-refundable)||$2.00|
|3. Frog Pass Bucks (non-refundable)||$1.00|
|4. Frog Bucks (refundable)||$50.00|
- She goes to Bistro Burnett in the library and while studying tries to purchase some water and a snack for a total of $6.
1. Swipes (non-refundable) ~999 2. Frog Pass Campus Cash (non-refundable) $2.00 -$2.00 3. Frog Pass Bucks (non-refundable) $1.00 -$1.00 4. Frog Bucks (refundable) $50.00 -$3.00
- At the register, the first account that will be accessed shows just $2. The register will continue to the next plan and take $1 and then on to the third plan to finish paying for this sale. Notice the non-refundable funds are used first to ensure that you “get what you paid for.”
 This number is arbitrary. Students with unlimited swipes do indeed have unlimited access to Market Square. Computers don’t deal well with infinite numbers, so we use a large number and reset as needed.